Water is a scarce and valuable natural resource, essential for life and for most economic activities, which must be available in the necessary quantity and quality, within the framework of respect for the environment. Objective that is pursued and is materialized in the prescriptions of the Island Hydrological Plans and other planning instruments. (Law 12/1990, of July 26, on Aguas de Canarias).
The Island Water Council of La Palma is an autonomous body attached to the His Excellency the Island Council of La Palma, which assumes the direction, organization, planning and unitary management of the island's waters.
The Insular Water Councils are entities of Public Law with their own legal personality and full functional autonomy, attached for administrative purposes to the Island Councils, which assume, under a decentralization and participation regime, the direction, organization, planning and unitary management of the waters in the terms established in article 9 of Law 12/1990, of July 26, on Waters.
For the fulfillment of its purposes, this Organization has a qualified team made up of technical, administrative and field personnel, with the necessary capacity to assume responsibility for the management of the island's waters.
- Pipeline authorizations
- Barlovento - Fuencaliente Channel meter authorizations
- Small harvest authorizations
- Discharge authorizations
- Authorizations in public good
- Authorizations in public channel
- Authorizations for the construction of warehouses
- Authorization for the extraction of aggregates in public waterways
- Irrigators / Users Community
- Water concessions
- Exploitation concessions Assets in the public hydraulic domain
- Concessions for works in the public hydraulic domain
- Research permits
- Forced servitude of aqueduct
- Demarcation request
- Island Hydrological Plan of La Palma
- Flood Risk Planning
- Cost Recovery Study
- Strategic Environmental Assessment