In the Youth area of the Cabildo de La Palma we aim to defend the interests of young people, guide youth organizations and promote more and better youth participation in the social, economic, political and cultural life of La Palma.
We develop our activity organized in thematic areas with work groups and constant participatory processes. We specify our action in programs, projects and activities according to the priorities expressed by young people who freely take part in these processes.
Our purpose is to maintain a relationship and fluid dialogue with young people, associative fabric and other administrations, for all of us, to be able to make La Palma become an open island, speaker of the concerns and experiences of our / as youths. Young people are not the future, they are the present and that is why I take on this challenge with the greatest of commitments, for all of us, to make our island a better island for each of our young people.
- Education: scholarships, studies and professions, accommodation in Residence Halls and Residences, educational centers, compulsory education, high school, specific professional training, university as well as the orientation of all access procedures to the two Canarian universities.
- Employment: Youth Guarantee Program.
- Free time: free time associations, free time facilities, rural accommodation, youth card, hostel card, student card, camps, hostels and work camps.
- Culture: cultural activities, associations, awards and competitions, etc.
- Realization and execution of various educational, cultural, artistic and environmental projects for young people, such as Saperocko, La Movida Joven, La Palma Against School Harassment, Eating Disorders, Affective-Sexual Education, European volunteering, etc.